HOW TO GET MEMBERS
- Consistently put out fliers at small businesses (the list is endless!) day care centers, apartment complexes, dry cleaners, laundromats, nail shops, hair salons, barber shops, restaurants, fast food, coffee shops, bakeries, loan & checking cashing stores, car repair shops, oil change shops, tire shops, pet groomers, gas stations., dance studios, karate centers, community centers, churches, unemployment office, local colleges,....either on counters, table in waiting area, information stands in lobby, bulletin boards, etc...always decide where information could be placed convenient for customers to pick up yet not in the way of the business
- Post it stickies for cars, gas pumps, bathroom stalls, vending machines, red box video......
- Car magnets or bumper stickers on your car & other family member's cars
- Doorknob hangers
- Lettering on car windows or tire cover
- Yard signs
- Talk to everyone you do business with....hair stylists, nail tech, lawn maintenance, mail carrier, contractor who does work for you....flooring, painting, landscaping, chimney sweep, cable installer, furnace installer, ....every time someone does work for you, give them your card and flier!
- Offer a referral incentive, every referral which results in an enrollment, you will send them a $5 gift card to CVS or Walgreens
- Wear Ameriplan tee, hat, dental pin, hoodie, jacket...
- Strike up conversations!
- Tear tab fliers at apartment mailboxes, bulletin boards at book stores, library, etc. Anywhere you can put them up.
- Offer some promotion like it is coming from the apartments for their residents, and place with apartment calendars or newsletters (they are passing those out to each resident anyway), or in their office for residents and in welcome bags/info. (Ex: $10 Starbucks gift card for each enrollment, etc.)
- Email blasts about the memberships to old leads
- Health fairs
- Website at bottom of your emails (personal ones too), like a signature line
- Notes in holiday cards about what your family has been up to all year, and to say hi.
- Label with your benefits website on your outgoing mail. (Want to save up to 80% on Dental? ~ www.mywebsite and my toll free number or direct number)
- Call old member leads that did not enroll yet, see if they found something or still looking/interested
- Leave business cards or oversized post cards wherever I go - restaurant drive-thru's, restaurants with the tip at the table, in bathrooms on counters and on diaper changing tables, play areas, gas station pumps and bathrooms, at strip malls, on counters, at pharmacy waiting areas (with permission), day cares and with other info they have for their parents, cleaners, businesses you frequent; basically anywhere you can leave your information.
- If told by a business that you cannot leave your material, ask to leave it with them for their employees in case they need benefits. That way you are still leaving something either way. :)
- $10 drop cards from http://www.realisticdropcard.com/?o=6vRSsZeD
- Word of mouth, talk to everyone, everywhere you go. (kids appointments, sports events, grocery store, nail salon, hair salon, church, the pool, the beach, etc)
- Sponsorships – Poker runs, fundraisers, Bike events, 5k’s, 10k’s, kids sport teams (baseball, basketball, karate, etc), Shrine Circus coloring books, school events, etc.
- Chamber Of Commerce events – locally it’s a great way to get out of your home and work your business, learn from others.
Business cards & flyers – old school style. Carry them with you always!
- Hand out business cards (you & family members...Spouse!!) whenever you check out at a store, go thru a drive-thru, pay your bill at a restaurant, mail in a bill payment or charitable donation...
- Text Video
- social media (Facebook and others)
I use the 2 in 1 flier attached, I like that it is half sheet of paper, best for placing in small businesses plus great price if copied at Office Max/Depot with our saver card. You can have 500 copied in the copy center on your choice of bright paper, black ink, cut in half so you have 1000 copies>all for under $20! Than order 500 business cards, printed one side only from VistaPrint when they are running a sale, only about $15 with shipping. Fliers + business cards, 1500 pieces of marketing materials for around $35! The items below are all from VistaPrint.com.
post it stickies